Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sweden, Spain, Germany, USA, London, Japan - here we come!

It's been a long time since my last post. Since then Joke and I have been traveling a lot & made a lot of plans for future journeys.

In July 2010 we visited my mom and Petra in Spain! we had the most wonderful time there. I hadn't visited them in their Spanish casita in an awfully long time. It was also great to see everybody there, like Bernado, Chelo and Vanessa!
While being there we went for hikes in the nearby sierra, swimming in the ocean, shopping at local market places and out eating at nice restaurants. And although that schedule was filled with physical activities, I still managed to gain a lot of weight. Totally worth it, though! As I said earlier, I had the greatest time!
Thank you mom and Petra for a wonderful vacation. I am looking forward to seeing you again in may!

October 2010 we spontaneously decided to take a trip to London. We were both very exciting about it, mainly because it was, as previously mentioned, a very spontaneous trip. That's a very unusual thing for us to do. On the other hand we had both never been to London or any English-speaking country for that matter. I was excited to be able to communicate with everyone there without sticking out as a tourist.
Unfortunately the trip turned out rather boring - London in cold October is really not our thing. Luckily we met a good friend of mine there, which lit up the mood immensely. Also: we were able to get last-minute tickets to The Lion King Musical. 60€ per seat (with bad view). I was against it at first but... Very much worth the money! After having seen the musical I would now be willing to spend 100€ for the same seats - and don't even ask me what I would spend for the good seats! haha :D


The 1st of February was another busy day for us: early that day we had to catch yet another flight. This time to Germany. It was about time that I would visit the good old Hulha-Team at home! And a lot of things had changed there. R&Y's three children have actually grown older (!), JTs company is awesome and doing really well and Mom and Petra call Spain their home. We booked the return flight for a 10-day stay. Plenty of time, I thought. Except that 10 days is nothing when you haven't seen your family in over a year.
So after a while we decided to extend our stay and rebook the flight. That turned out to be quite the hassle with this particular airline, so we simply canceled the return flight and booked a new flight with a completely different airline. All this extended our stay from 10 to 16 days. That way we weren't only able to spend more time with our loved ones, but we were also able to witness the 10-year anniversary of R&Y! Congratulations, you two! I am so glad I could be there with you and help you treasure that moment :)



The cake
The "secret" gift
The ring revealed!

Y&R's wish-balloons flying into the air

Y&R

A little Thank-You Note to the guests

4 comments:

  1. Great entry hun, had fun reading it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awh.. Thanks! I had a great time writing it. I was worried that it was going to get boring because some of the topics are over half a year old. But I decided to mention spain and london as well after shockingly realizing that I never had mentioned them before in here!

    Love you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ich danke Dir das Du an unserem Fest dabei warst und es so wunderbar im Bild festgehalten hast. Welch wundervolle Erinnerungen Du uns dadurch geschenkt und vor dem vergessen bewahrt hast.
    Ich hoffe für den nächsten Eintrag musst Du nicht erst wieder um die halbe Welt reisen um genug zum erzählen zu haben.
    Ich drück Dich.

    ReplyDelete