Monday, July 5, 2010

the note

Since my last post I bought a new bike, a new object lense and I received a note from Joakim.

After my first bike was stolen I was so frustrated that I decided to take any bike that I was going to buy in the future up into our apartment. I then looked around at second-hand shops and bike stores for the kind of bike I wanted - unfortunately successless. All the second-hand bikes looked like they'd been in the second world war and the new bikes were way out of our price range. Still I was really close to buying a brand-new bike when suddenly someone called me who had seen my add on the swedish second-hand homepage www.blocket.se. He had a bike just like my old one and he would take 100€ for it. To cut to the chase I drove there, looked at it, fell in love and bought it for the asked price.

The new object lense cost me another 180€. And so far I have not quite determined whether it was worth the price. If it turns out that my old lense can do just as well I will return it for a full refund - I actually called the store first and asked about the open-buy policy in case I wasn't 100% pleased. Since the lense is a 70-300mm zoom-lense I figured I would have some fun taking makro-images - and I did :) I got a lot of close up images that are wonderfully rich in detail. But Portrait-photography is the thing I most care about. So today I will schlep Joakim outside for some photography action :)



Which brings me to my last thought. Today when I was making a bread for myself I discovered a little green paper, folded into a tiny square. Unfolded it read "I love you very very very much!". It was a note written by Joakim. When we bought the bread he snuck away with it, took half of all slices out of the bag, put the note inbetween two slices and put all the others back as they were. I didn't really like the bread that much, though, so I froze it. When he realized that I was freezing his little note, too, he got quite worried that I would never get to see it. But today I felt like it after all - and I saw the note :)
Thank you sweetie pie!

2 comments: