Monday, May 31, 2010

Done and done!

So I got my grades last friday - and I exceeded my own expectations. But doing well wasn't all that made me happy. It was mostly the possibilty to prove my teacher wrong. He has a tendency to talk down to his students. One time, when I got a good grade on an exam from another teacher he told me "well ... I guess even teachers can misgrade every once in a while". That was encouraging -.-

Then when I was making plans to get going on my finals he told me, it would be a waste of money/time to take them, because I'd probably fail anyway. Now I didn't only not fail, I passed with the best grade possible. Ha! In your face, mean, pessimistic teacher.

Other than that I don't have too much to tell. I am done with my homepage, or at least the basic structure of www.DularionDesigns.com and I am soon going to start working on the portfolio-Area and a nice photography Gallery. Also my business cards are printed and fabulous!

Recently I've been working on a video-editing project - my first. I of course used the wrong program in the beginning, which made me get all confused, but when I finally found out which Adobe software works best for this kind of project, everything just fell into place and went very quickly. I don't know if the video is going to be uploaded on youtube or not, but if it is I'll enter a link in my next blog. (by the way, for people who are interested in starting with video editing: look at the trial version of Adobe Premiere. Even as a trial there are almost no limitations!)

And of course I have been working quite hard on my first real photography assignment: my boyfriends cousins  mothers wedding. It was a lot of fun and some of the pictures look really professional if I may say so myself. I had the greatest time putting together all kinds of collages and playing around with light & shadows. But while on the wedding I soon reached my memory limit. I frequently had to pack out my laptop and copy the pictures to create some room on the camera, which made me miss a lot of the action. That is why I have been eyeing a bigger memory chip ever since then. We'll see how much money it'll take to save up in order for me to be okay with spending a tiny amount of it.

4 comments:

  1. 128 GB?! holy crap, that's like 80000+ images of fairly high quality. You have exceeded my parents by miles :P .

    Your website looks good - even though I would have preferred HTML/CSS rather than Flash ;) .

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know you would have! You are an old-school html lover.

    Nah, the truth is, that html/css is still out of my reach. I guess the problem is, that I like to see the results of my coding like - immediately - . html is a little more slow-paced when it comes to that. But you can actually be proud of me: Im going to start working more intensely with Adobe Dreamweaver! And then you can judge my work a little more optimistically, seeing as you are a freaking html-addict! :-*

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D ... promise me you will eventually look more at the "Code" tab than the "Design" tab :P .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thing memory doesn't cost a lot these days! Really has come down in price tremendously! Also enjoyed figuring out that there was a "possessive" nature to the wedding!! LOL!! "my boyfriend's cousin's mother's wedding" ! There now...But then again, I may be wrong! Who cares? Right?? Congrats, again, on the exams!! I always wondered about instructors who opted for the "pessimistic"- nudging-of-the-student approach...a bit strange really! Some just cannot come over the top of it; you did, tho'! =+)

    ReplyDelete